Have you joined in the fun and excitement of downloading music files from the Internet? Have you collected hundreds of music files? If so, the big question is... How much of your precious time will you spend organizing those music files?
The answer is "very little time" with the award-winning file management tool, Tag&Rename.
Tag&Rename is a handy management utility designed for mp3, wma, ogg, mp4 (m4a, m4p) and many other music files. With Tag&Rename you can quickly and easily rename your music collection using the embedded tag data within music files, write new or edit existing tag information, create tags based on file names, get song information from the freedb server, tracktype.org or import it from the Discogs and Amazon. Tag&Rename supports all popular tag standards used by software and hardware players. This program is a very useful playlist editor with recursive subfolder support and a unique file list which show all your files in a real folder structure.
Tag&Rename is the only music organizer and tag editor which supports all popular file formats:
- .mp3 - ID3v1, ID3v1.1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags
- .wma, .asf and .wmv (Windows Media) - Windows Media tags
- .m4a, .m4b (Apple iTunes aac and lossless audio files), .m4p (protected files from Apple Music Store), .mp4 - iTunes tags
- .ogg, .flac and .spx - Vorbis Comments
- .mpc (MusePack), .ape (Monkey's Audio), .ofr (Optim Frog), .wv (Wav Pack) and .tta (True Audio) - APEv1 and APEv2 tags
- .wav – ID3v2 tag in 'id3 ' RIFF chunk and LIST INFO chunk
- .dsf (DSD/Direct-Stream Digital) - ID3v2.3 tag
- Tag&Rename provides full support for the following tag frames in all supported music formats: Artist, Album, Title, Year, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist, Copyright, URL, Encoded by, Track #, Disc #, Rating, Mood, BPM, Part of a compilation, Cover art, Lyrics, Album Artist, Conductor, Lyricist, Original Lyricist, Label, Remixed by, Radio station name, Audio file information web page, Artist web page, Audio source web page, Radio station web page, Buy CD web page, ISRC #, Catalog #, Grouping, Subtitle, Release Time, Podcast, Podcast Category, Podcast Description, Podcast ID, Podcast URL, Video Kind, Show Title, Episode ID, Season Number, Episode Number, InitialKey.
- Rename music files according to tag information: Easily rename files using templates individually or whole directories at a time, preview changes before renaming or undo the last renaming process, rename the folder (including subfolders) containing your music files, and manually edit files and folders names.
- Multi-file or manual tag editors: Edit tags for multiple or single files, add cover art to all album files with a few clicks, and fill in tag fields using the file name.
- Freedb support: Get tag information for full music albums automatically in seconds using the freedb Internet server.
- Amazon/Discogs/tracktype.org support: Search and import album information and cover art from the Amazon, discogs.com or tracktype.org servers to file tags.
- Text case conversion functions: Convert case or capitalize the first letter of each word within file names or tags.
- Tags synchronization wizard: Synchronize between ID3v1 and ID3v2 tag data.
- Export wizard: Export your music information into any format - csv, xml, html and tab delimited text.
- Full Unicode support
- Rename music files folder: Rename according to tag information.
- Full support for file drag and drop: Drag and drop file just like in Windows Explorer.
- M3u play lists: Create m3u playlists (or m3u8 UT8 encoded Unicode playlists) using the unique Quick Save Playlist feature.
- Play music files: Listen to your music files using your favorite music player.
- Windows Explorer shell extensions: Add Tag&Rename to the context menu of MS Explorer so that you can access it faster (right-click mouse) from the MS File Manager.
Tag&Rename is very easy to use and highly configurable. In addition, it has helpful notes and descriptions of menu commands built into the interface to help speed up your understanding and use of the program.